recently did the 100 Truths meme, and it looked interesting. Thought I'd try it myself.
001. Real Name → Jesse
002. Nickname[s]→ Jes
004. Male Or Female → Male
005. Elementary → North Elementary School
006. Middle school → Somerset Middle School
007. High School → Somerset High School (now known as Somerset/Berkeley Regional High School)
008. Hair Color → Black
009. Long Or Short → Longish
010. Loud Or Quiet → Quiet, unless I find someone who I have good social chemistry with
011. Sweats Or Jeans → Jeans
012. Phone Or Camera → Camera, though mine barely holds a charge anymore
013. Health Freak → I obsess over my personal health because there's so much I don't know about the way my body works. It's a constant source of worry for me.
014. Drink Or Smoke? → Neither
015. Do You Have A Crush On Someone? → Not right now, though I've had a few recently that didn't go anywhere for one reason or another
016. Eat Or Drink? → Both, of course
017. Piercings? → None, though they do interest me
018. Tattoos? → Same as above
HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN...?
019. An Airplane → Yes, I flew to Los Angeles and Las Vegas with my family when I was a kid
020. A Car Accident → Yes, I rear-ended someone just weeks after getting my license
021. A Fist Fight → Yes, in middle school, although I mostly just stood there and got beat up 'cause I didn't know how to defend myself
022. First Piercing → None
023. First Best Friend → Brady, who lived down the street from me when I was a little kid
025. First Award → I believe I got a special certificate for excellence in art class during one of those phony graduation ceremonies my elementary school had just for moving up from first to second grade
026. First Crush → Not counting TV or movie characters? Jessica, a girl from my high school's cheerleading squad. You may remember I told the story of how I tried to ask her out in my freshman year. It, uh, didn't go well.
028. First Big Vacation → My family went to Disney World in 1993. I barely remember it now, but I'm pretty sure I had fun
029. Last Person You Talked To → My grandmother
030. Last Person You Texted → My sister, regarding me giving her my old Nintendo Wii
031. Last Person You Watched A Movie With → My friend Emily, who went to see Frozen with me
032. Last Food You Ate → M&Ms. Do those count as food?
033. Last Movie You Watched → Batman Forever (it's still lame)
034. Last Song You listened To → "She" by Green Day
035. Last Thing You Bought → A bottle of strawberry milk at work last night
036. Last Person You Hugged → My grandma
037. Food → Any good burger
038. Drinks → V8 Fusion fruit juice
039. Clothing → T-shirts with geeky things on them, and my knit beanie
040. Book → Right now, probably "Jim Henson" by Brian Jay Jones
041. Music → Alternative rock, especially from the '90s. Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and Soundgarden are my big three.
042. Flower → I've never been a big flower guy, they all look nice to me...I guess I'll say daisies, 'cause that's the first thing I thought of
043. Colors → Green, orange, purple. Love secondary colors!
044. Movies → Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Wreck-It Ralph, The Incredibles, The Blues Brothers, The Big Lebowski, Toy Story, Batman Returns, and lots more
045. Shoes → Sneakers, preferably Converse All-Stars or something similar
046. Subjects → Art, history, English, and science were always my faves. No math, please...
IN THE PAST YEAR I...
047. [ ] Kissed In The Snow
048. [ ] Celebrated Halloween
049. [ ] Had Your Heart Broken
050. [ ] Went Over The Minutes On Your Cell Phone
051. [ ] Someone Questioned Your Sexual Orientation
052. [ ] Came Outta The Closet
053. [ ] Gotten Pregnant
054. [ ] Had An Abortion
055. [x] Done Something You've Regretted
056. [x] Broke A Promise
057. [x] Kept A Secret
058. [x] Pretended To Be Happy
059. [ ] Met Someone Who Changed Your Life
060. [ ] Pretended To Be Sick
061. [ ] Left The Country
062. [x] Tried Something you normally wouldn't like, and liked it.
063. [x] Cried Over The Silliest Thing
064. [ ] Ran A Mile
065. [ ] Went To The Beach
066. [x] Stayed Single (much to my dismay, I might add)
067. Eating → Nothing
068. Drinking → Nada
069. Getting Ready To → Go to bed
070. Listening To → The droning whir of my computer
071. Plans For Tomorrow/Today → Work on the outline for a Forever 16 comic story I want to draw
072. Waiting For → My Kindle Fire to finish charging
073. Want Kids? → Not yet. I need to worry about sorting out my own life before I think about creating somebody else's.
074. Want To Get Married? → I used to be on the fence about that. But I'm starting to come around to the idea, the more I think about it.
075. Careers in mind → Comic artist, or animator (though I'd have to go back to school for that one)
WHICH IS BETTER ON A BOY/GIRL? (Girl, in my case)
076. Lips Or Eyes → Can't I have both?
077. Shorter Or Taller? → I guess shorter
078. Romantic Or Spontaneous → Romantic
079. Nice Stomach Or Nice Arms → Again, both. When it comes to her body, I like the whole package.
080. Sensitive Or Loud → Somewhere in the middle. Boisterous yet considerate.
081. Hookup Or Relationship → Relationship, hands down.
082. Troublemaker Or Hesitant → I think I'll lean towards "troublemaker" on this one. I like a girl who's not afraid to be a little rebellious
HAVE YOU EVER:
083. Lost Glasses/Contacts → Don't even have them to lose in the first place.
084. Ran Away From Home → No
085. Held A Weapon, For Self Defense → No, I wouldn't know what to do with one
086. Killed Somebody → God, I hope not
087. Broken Someone's Heart → ...Yes, once. I felt like crap about it for months afterwards. In fact, I still struggle with the emotional fallout from that one.
088. Been Arrested → No
DO YOU BELIEVE IN:
090. Yourself → ...I struggle to. Years of bullying in grade school and people telling me there are certain things I just can't do really did a number on my self-esteem. I think it's done some real damage to the way I handle myself in everyday life, and I often fall into a funk and have to work to get myself out again.
091. Miracles → Maybe not in the biblical sense, but there are some pretty amazing things happening out there in the universe
092. Love At First Sight → I'm not sure. I have a real skewed view of romance right now, as I struggle to understand it myself and figure out what I really want.
093. Heaven → Again, not in the biblical sense, but I like to think there's an afterlife of some sort. I just have no idea what it might be.
094. Santa Claus → Yeah, and his conquest of the Martians
095. Sex On The First Date → No, that's moving too fast. It's better to get to know each other first.
096. Kiss → I am a big fan of kissing. I hope to do some again someday.
097. Is There One Person You Wanna Be With, Right Now? → Romantically? Not that I know of. I'm sure there's a wonderful, positive, outspoken, geeky girl out there who'd love to spend time with me. I just feel like I need to get over my own personal issues before I can go looking for her.
098. Are You Seriously Happy With Where You Are, In Life? → Not especially. I work inconsistent hours at a mediocre job, and even though I know the steps I can take to get into my dream job of being a comic artist, it most likely would not pay the bills. It makes me kind of afraid for my future when I think about it.
099. Do You Believe In God → No. Not in the God of the Bible, the one who created the heavens and the earth and punishes sinners and has some "divine plan" that we have to just go along with and pray for the best. But I'm sure there are forces in the universe that are beyond our comprehension. We may never truly understand them, but that's what makes them so fascinating.
100. Post As 100 Truths And Tag Five People → Have at it, guys