In all the MST3K fan art I've done so far, I usually limit it to Joel/Mike and the bots. I figured I need to make up for lost time, so here's my take on some additional cast members. It can also serve as an introduction to the human cast for those who've never seen the show before (admit it, that's some of you). Left to right:
- Joel Robinson (Joel Hodgson): The first captive aboard the Satellite of Love from 1989 to 1993. Built the robots out of found objects around the ship. Required by the mad scientists to present a new invention every week with the invention exchange. Made it back to Earth in an escape pod found in a box of hamdingers. Former roadie for Man Or Astro-Man; currently owns a hot fish shop in Osseo.
- Mike Nelson (Michael J. Nelson): The second captive aboard the Satellite of Love from 1993 to 1999. A bit more dopey than Joel, and constantly devising escape plans that never worked. Accomplished in the theater and musical arts, and doesn't look half bad in a sailor suit. Currently lives in a Minnesota apartment with Crow and Servo.
- Dr. Clayton Forrester (Trace Beaulieu): Mad scientist in charge of the movie-watching experiment from 1989 to 1996. Esoteric yet domineering. Got the white streak in his hair after being struck by lightning, apparently. Eventually became a star child a la "2001".
- TV's Frank (Frank Conniff): Forrester's hapless sidekick from 1990 to 1995. Cheerful and goofy, he formerly worked as a fry cook at Arby's. Forrester killed him a lot. Assumed into Second Banana Heaven by the white angel Torgo; currently collecting the souls of the departed as a Soultaker.
- Dr. Laurence Erhardt (Josh Elvis Weinstein): Forrester's assistant from 1989 to 1990. Just as mad as Forrester, if not a little more demented. Had a really annoying voice. Disappeared under mysterious circumstances; believed to be eaten by the titular character in Bert I. Gordon's "Earth vs. the Spider".
- Pearl Forrester (Mary Jo Pehl): Came to oversee her son's experiment from 1995 to 1996; took over experiment from 1997 to 1999. Ended up turning the tables on Clay, making him the tortured sidekick. Vowed to do things right the second time after Clay became a star child; ended up smothering him to death. Cryogenically frozen, then thawed out in 2525 and declared Lawgiver in a world where apes evolved from men. Currently dictator-for-life of Qatar.
More to come, of course...